Sunday 7 July 2013

Guns of the Porte - Mizrak class Frigates painted

I decided to concentrate on the frigtes and get them out of the way.
After painting the hull Balor Brown, the superstructure Dheneb stone and the decking Tausept Ochre I painted the guns with Boltgun and the pipework with Hashut Copper. This gave me my baseline. Next up was to wash the superstructure with Nuln Oil.


   This gave detail to the roof lattice and darkened the colour after 2 washes. Then came 2 washes of Agrax Earthshade to the hull and everywhere else to darken the hull and hopefully give it a wooden feel.

  

   Then details were highlighted (guns and the roof) and it was done. It has the feel of a flying wooden barge to it which is what I was after. Now I will see if it carries over to the larger ships.

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment